ေရြးခ်ယ္စရာ အေမရိကားအလုပ္ဗီဆာ

My Blog List

Friday, August 30, 2013

Math Essay

 စြမ္း ရဲ႕ ၉ တန္းတက္ သခ်ၤာဆရာအတြက္ေရးထားတဲ႕ စာစီစာကံုး


                             
Taking Photo ID at Gym

          I think that my determination and will to improve is a characteristic about me that affects not only myself but the environment around me. I like to help others and sometimes even ask for help myself if the situation deems necessary.

I believe that this kind of habit not only benefits people around me but even the whole classroom as a whole. I grew up in an environment in which the best would exceed and the rest either become the best or are left behind. Back where I was born (Myanmar/Burma) the education was not as based on the person and wasn’t very open minded. School was a place where teachers and textbooks held prime and students came second. We lived in an environment where memorization was the key to succeeding; tests were often word to word answers to questions previously provided to us by the teachers. Having the teacher as a tutor would lead to the direct questions being revealed and giving kids that attend those sessions an unfair advantage. Underperforming students would often be beat and scolded and were most often not encouraged to keep trying their best. My first experience in school here deeply surprised me, from teachers collecting student’s opinions to letting students right there own thoughts in the form of an essay. I was impressed by how much the teachers and staff cared about their students and their well-being. This shows that teachers chose their profession to help out the incoming generation and to be a stepping stone onto their way into adulthood and not for selfish reasons. I with all my heart believe that I am blessed to have the privilege to participate in the education of this country. This opportunity changed my future tremendously and I have gratitude like none other to the people that made it possible for me to study aboard.

    I would like my math teacher, Ms.A to know that I was born on September 19th 2000, raised in the country of Burma/Myanmar and speak my mother language. I was raised by my parents who owned an independent business which sold all kinds of goods. My dad is the youngest of 7 in his family and was not treated very kindly by his elder siblings who in age were a lot older than him. My mom, however, was born in a family of 6 with 1 older sister and two older brothers. My uncle passed away at a time when I couldn’t even get to spend time with him. I was born and raised in Taunggyi, capital of Shan State, Myanmar. I spent about 2-3 years in school there and later transferred to Yangoon (Rangoon), former capital of Myanmar, for a year. I was told then that I had an opportunity that could change my life forever and so my family and I immigrated to the U.S. through the help of my aunt and some others. Since I was the youngest in the family at that time, I had quite the expectations laid down in front of me. Unfortunately, my (only) older sister did not feel the same way as I did in immigrating here. Since I was very young, I was still able to make lots of friends while she struggled her way through these past years. Moving on I was again told I had a chance to skip a grade, this happened because back in Myanmar, kindergarten was addressed as 1st grade in English and so I went on to 5th grade after finishing 3rd grade. I started to fit in and made a lot of friends and survived all the way through until yet again I was told I had another chance to skip a grade in math and go from Pre-Algebra to Algebra and through some luck I made it in. That same year since I participated in leadership I decided to run a campaign for president of the ASB leadership.  I won against my fellow friend and proceeded on through the year constantly helping the school by offering my services like running the sound for concerts and etc. My middle school experience was very overwhelming compared to the average person going through middle school. I became very well-known and performed a speech in promotion day and received an award for Leader of the Pack. Now I’m at the start of a brand new world unraveling before my eyes and I am ready to face it head on with a confident and bright mindset.

Sincerely,
    
Swan

08-03-2013

No comments: